How to be a Helper
Kids are never too young to be Helpers.
Children of all ages can contribute in their own ways. Use these videos and resources to explore how young children can be Helpers by being kind, practicing empathy and more.
Be a Helper - Videos
We are All Different
We are all different, but that is what makes us one of a kind.
Speaking Out Against Unfairness
We can all be helpers by speaking up when something is unfair.
Be a Helper - Resources
A week of activities designed to help young children practice social-emotional skills like empathy, kindness and friendship.
- Hero Maker interactive game from Xavier Riddle
- “You Can Be A Big Helper In Your Family” strategy song from Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood
- Talking to Young Children about Race and Racism from PBS
- "A Question of Race: Answers for Kids” – Experts in child psychology, social justice and education discuss how to talk to children about racism, current events stemming from George Floyd's death and raising the next generation to be advocates for themselves and others.
- Watch: Arthur, Buster and Mrs. MacGraddy have a conversation about racism and what you can do to fight it: talk, listen and act.